Show some lovin'

Follow

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Here's to 50 years!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST AWESOME, GREATEST, SILLIEST, SWEETEST, KINDEST, MOST CARING, AND WONDERFUL DAD!!!!

My dad is 50 years old today or is it tomorrow?!  Funny story behind his birthday, well maybe not funny, but something......I'll explain in a few. 

Anyway, we celebrated his 50th last night with just us close family members.  Anna, my sis, cooked dad's fav....chili dogs!  They were delish!  Thanks Annie!  It was just me, Shan, Kylee, Anna, dad, and Jen.  We had a fun time eating and watching dad open his gifts.

Here are some cute pics.
 Is this what happens when you hit 50!?  WE STILL LOVE YA!!!
Now, for the story behind dad's birthday.....
He, his mom, us, everyone celebrates his birthday on July 15th.  Why?  Because Nanny, his mother, said that's when it is.  That's when she said she gave birth to him.....that's his birthday, right?  Well......usually.  BUT, his birth certificate says otherwise.  It states that he was born on July 16th, meaning his birthday is then.  We're not sure why, but what Nanny says, goes.  She's the mom, right?  What momma says, goes!  Therefore, we celebrate daddy's bday on the 15th, now whether or not that's really when he was born, we'll never know!!  If it was me, I'd celebrate both days!!! =)

Anyway!!  HAPPY 50TH DAD!  Hope you have an awesome day!!!
Loves you!!!

xoxo
-nicole

1 comment:

  1. Funny story! If it were me, I'd celebrate on both days too! :)

    ReplyDelete