Show some lovin'

Follow

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Losing baby weight

So, Baby B is almost 2 months old!  He is growing like crazy!!  He now weighs 10 1/2 pounds and has the chubbiest cheeks and little double chin! 
You would think that by now I would have lost a lot of that wonderful baby weight that my precious little monkey gave me.....you would think that, but no, not even close!  As a matter of fact, I've only lost 12 lbs.....and I think that came off shortly after I had him due to fluid!  

It doesn't help that I started working out right before Christmas and I was going strong....working everyday and watching what I was eating.....and then Christmas rolled around....and I ate and ate and ate!  My family is ginormous so we had to eat at like 20 different places and of course I ate and ate good!  So after Christmas, my plan was to get right back at it, but it seemed impossible.....I had company at my house for a few days so we were busy entertaining and doing things with them.  So, to make a long story short, I got off track and didn't work out much......

I finally started back this week and I have been at it hard since Monday.  I haven't even taken a day off.  It's hard for me to work out on the weekends, because we're usually so busy, so I'll save my off days for then.  I feel so much better when I'm working out and trying to eat healthier.  So, even though I haven't lost anything yet, I know I will!

The Plan.....
The Workout:  TurboFire
You can get it here from my friend, Courtney.
TurboFire is the intense cardio conditioning program from fitness innovator Chalene Johnson.  She is awesome!  The videos are fun and you don't feel like your really working out.....except for all the sweating you're going to do!  Trust me....you'll love it!!  I do!
CHECK IT OUT!!

The Grub:
Now I've never been a healthy eater or have I claimed to be.  I probably never will be a healthy eater, but I can try to eat BETTER.  That's what I'm doing....that's my plan....just to watch what I eat.  

Instead of eating out, I've been eating at home a lot.  

Instead of having a coke, I'll grab a bottle of water or tea.  I'm sorry, I can give up a lot, but I CAN NOT give up my sweet tea!!!

Instead of eating junk, I'm grabbing fruit or yogurt instead.

If I have to have chocolate, which I always do, I grab one or two of the little minis.  My fav are the mini reeses and twix. 

I've been eating a lot of salads, turkey sandwiches, and chicken.

I'm not changing much in my diet, just making a few better choices.  If I can do it, anyone can!!  


The Goal:
Lose 20 lbs

I thought I might tell you my weight, but I think I'm going to keep it to myself.  Let's just say it's the biggest I've ever been and it's enough where I need to lose 20 to get back to where I was before Brennan!  For those of you who know me, you know what that was.

Growing up, I never had to worry about what I ate or how active I was being.  I just wasn't big.  I could eat anything I wanted and sit around and never work out and wouldn't gain a pound.  It is so true about age.....you can't eat like you did then!  I've also heard with the 2nd baby it doesn't come off as easy as the 1st....so true again!  

So, here's to losing it and keeping it off and to a new me.....well the old me!

I have to include my other baby before I go....


 GET YOUR FIRE ON!!!
xoxo
nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment