Show some lovin'

Follow

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blizzard!


This is the craziest thing EVER! It's also the most snow I think I've seen in my life! We actually missed the beginning of it on Saturday. We were in St. Louis for the day visiting Maw Maw and Anni and talked to friends/family who said the snow had begun.

When the weatherman said snow in the forecast, I thought for sure he was an idiot! Boy, was I wrong!! We were heading home and ran into the snow around Sikeston, MO. (You know where yummy Lamberts is?) And when I say ran into it, boy do I mean it! We could not see a thing and had to drive like 40 at first, then 40 turned into 20. It took us 6 1/2 hours to get to Ripley and when we got to Ripley, we got stuck at the end of Momma T's driveway. What a mess! It took Shannon and Poppy 2 hours (no lie) to get my car in the driveway. And they didn't get it all the way in the driveway, only out of the street and at the very bottom of the driveway! We had to leave it and drive Polar Command (Shannon's jeep) to Covington. And if that wasn't enough, it took us an hour to get from Ripley to Covington!! We left St. Louis at 4:45 and did not actually make it home until 1:30 am!!!! What a CRAZY day!

But in the end, it was worth it. We had a great time playing in the snow today. We went sledding with the Fee's and we get a snow day out of it! I do love the snow, but I think I'm ready for Spring now!

No comments:

Post a Comment