Show some lovin'

Follow

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beachin'

  We had our yearly beach vacation to Florida last week.  This year we went with friends,  my sister, and my mom and her boyfriend.  We had a great time!

This was B's 2nd trip and 1st trip while walking.  I knew we were in for a treat, but didn't know if it would be a good one or bad one..... You never know how children will react to the unknown.

IMG_6743
Well, for B, he LOVED the ocean, but HATED the sand!  He was fine in the wet sand, but when the dry sand stuck to his feet....not so much!  It was pretty funny, but very hard to keep his hands and feet clean from sand!



IMG_6750
IMG_6759

Ky loves the beach, too.  She doesn't like to go far out in the ocean, but loves to boogie board close to the beach!

IMG_6932 IMG_6876

We spent most of our time at the beach, but went to the pool some. Of course, they enjoyed that, as well.

IMG_6786



IMG_6785
 We've been trying to get Ky to not be as scared in the water.  It's taken us 5 years to get the swimmies off!  I guess that's because she can now touch in the shallow end of the pool.  She doesn't like to get the water in her eyes and is scared to death to hold her nose for a second and go under.  I don't know how in the world we're going to get her to swim!!  I just hope she's not like my mom and learns......Yes, my mom is in her 50's and can't swim a lick.....

IMG_6792
 Now, B, he could care less and would probably take off in the water if I weren't so scared to let him go!!

IMG_6890

And of course, we enjoyed all of the nights out to the many restaurants!  That's the part I was looking forward to the most. the crab legs and shrimp!!  I didn't eat many crab legs, just a bite or two off of someone's plate!  I ordered shrimp almost everywhere we went!  Crab legs are too much work, unless my wonderful hubby is doing the work for me!

IMG_3592

IMG_3596

IMG_6804

IMG_6839

IMG_3615

My fav of the trip was The Back Porch and Hammerhead Fred's.

IMG_6953

We also had to eat Whataburger since there is not one here where we live.  BOOOOO!  We so need one!

Their burgers are better than Five Guys to me!

We may have eaten it twice.......

IMG_6951

There were several other restaurants that we wanted to go to and didn't get to.

I've always said, you really need 2 weeks on vacation to do all the things you want to do.  Maybe one day, we can take 2 weeks.....

IMG_6739

IMG_6783

IMG_6784

IMG_6866

IMG_6897

IMG_6821

IMG_6904

IMG_6797

I miss it already.......

xoxo

nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment