Show some lovin'

Follow

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Our week

We have had a pretty laid back week. For once, we had absolutely nothing pressing to do. So, the kids and I held down the fort by being lazy.

It was cloudy most days this week, so we took advantage of the not so super hot weather and enjoyed some time outside.



20140627-220244-79364921.jpg

We played a little baseball, rode bikes/cars, and played on the swing set. Ky taught B how to climb up the slide instead of the ladder....if you are a teacher, you know exactly how this makes me feel...... Oh well! We have a while before he starts school, so he should be ok!

He also learned how to climb the ladder to go down the slide the CORRECT way! That should be fun....just in time for Ky's new bunk beds that we're almost ready to move into the house.

Yea....fun times.

I decided to take up a new hobby/habit/whatever you want to call it.



20140627-220754-79674094.jpg

Yep! RUNNING!

Never thought I'd be a runner. And really, I'm not one yet, but trying to be! Everyone has always said how running makes them feel great and blah, blah, blah.

Maybe they're right...I did feel pretty good when I got finished!

Luckily, my sister runs already and she helped motivate me. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't have made it as far before giving up! Great job, sis!

Even though I'm off work, I've still been working a little. Yes! Teachers work all year. Or at least the good ones! Lol



20140627-223321-81201112.jpg

This book is something I've read before and tried in my kindergarten classroom and at the time, it didn't work for me. Now that I'm in 1st grade, I'm ready to give it another whirl! I think my firsties will be mature enough for it and will love it. At least I hope so. Ask me in October!

Well that was our week in a nutshell. Nothing amazing.
This weekend should be a little more amusing. We have two swimming parties tomorrow! Can't wait to soak up some sun and have some fun!

Happy weekend!

20140627-223659-81419593.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment